We checked out paddle boards for the day, and Sammy made it super easy. He met us at Kailua Beach Park, where we had the option of paddling around a canal or in the ocean, and gave us a quick lesson before we ventured off. His rates were the best I’d been quoted ($50 per board for all day rental). Also very nice & prompt – definitely recommend!
Awesome!! Would definitely recommend! Great instruction, friendly and confident.
Will go back.
Booked a private surfing lesson for two. It was great! While it was a little bit of a trek to the beach, I think it was well worth it! The location was pretty secluded and very pretty.
The instructor was great. He kept checking to make sure my bf and I were feeling comfortable and okay to keep going. I’ll admit I got a little tired paddling out, so the instructor even towed us out a bit!
Glad we went with something on this side of the island rather than having to worry about super busy Waikiki!
My husband booked us a surf lesson for my birthday. We had a great morning with Sammy! He provided easy to follow instructions and really helped us in the water. We spent lots of time in the water and caught many waves. Sammy was encouraging and helpful throughout! We loved it! Sammy also has mounts for a GoPro on the front of the boards, so you can bring your GoPro and enjoy!
Went here last summer with one of my friends for stand up paddleboarding. Super friendly people and they gave us a short tutorial and several good suggestions, such as starting in the canal before moving into the ocean.
Unfortunately, we went on a super windy day and it was our first time doing SUP so we struggled in the ocean but staying on the canal was fun and my friend and I really enjoyed it.
Excellent service, even for beginners. Not sure how the price compares to other companies but they were very friendly and I’d definitely recommend/go back to them.
I cannot tell you how amazing Sammy is, but I’m going to try my best! My friends and I came out here to kayak and were trying to find a place around the area. I kayak often in DC, so i was expecting kayaking in Hawaii to be more plentiful. Surprisingly, other places had us lugging our own kayaks from their store, where you’d have to cross busy streets and through a park to get to the beach. So I gave Sammy a call and this is what happened:
Things I noticed:
1. Sammy was super friendly…. the best welcome to the island I have ever gotten.
2. We didn’t ask for a water proof bag or life jackets, but he brought them for us anyways. (Which I’m sure is standard, but companies typically charge for the water proof bag)
3. Sammy delivers the kayaks to you in about 15 minutes give or take. Wherever you are, he’ll deliver, which was nice so that we didn’t have to cross busy streets lugging a big kayak. He will also pick up wherever as well.
4. He helped us get the kayaks to the sand/water.
5. My friends and I hella struggled because the currents/waves were not in our favor that day so we ended up in Lanikai and couldn’t make it back to Kailua.
6. We called Sammy up to pick up the kayaks from Lanikai and expected that we’d probably have to walk our butts back to Kailua. Before we could even ask, Sammy offered us a ride back to our car over in Kailua.
7. The price is super reasonable!
Overall, Sammy has the absolute BEST customer service I have ever received. He also has a really cool story, so don’t forget to ask! I’ve recommended him to all my friends who are headed to Oahu!